Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick, easy family favorite that is easy on the budget.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- garlic powder, if desired
- Brown hamburger meat, onion and garlic powder until meat is no longer pink.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Mix macaroni, hamburger and soup stiring well.
- Cook on medium heat until heated all the way through.
Dont let the name deter you from trying this! It is AWESOME! Don't expect anything other than what it is! Just good, cheap and filling:) My almost 2 yr old scarfed it down as did I! Thanks so much for a great recipe! Tastes kinda like cheeseburger hamburger helper. The garlic powder definitely should be used as it enhances the taste!
My mom calls this "stuff", she has made this for as long as I can remember. We love it!!
My Husband and I liked this recipe alot. It was a bit dry though next time I think I will add a can of cheddar cheese soup as well. Thank you for the recipe.