Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I like this recipe because it is lower in fat and sugar, but still rich and delicious. It is a make-over recipe from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute, such as Splenda
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, Splenda, cocoa and cornstarch. Add water and stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over cupcakes or cake while frosting is still warm.