Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really a Heavenly rice.Very easy and sooo tasty!!
- 1 (16 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained
- 3 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped in quarters
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) Cool Whip
- In a large bowl, place all the cut-up fruit.
- Add the chilled cooked rice, sugar, Cool Whip and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Mix together well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
YUMMY!! This is soo good and I have to agree with TheNovakFamily I can't stop eating this!! I halfed the recipe to test it.. probually a good thing because I will end up eating the whole thing in a day!! lol One thing I did change was I added 1, 3 oz package of Strawberry jello (the powder) instead of the sugar to add a tad bit of color.. I measured it out and it is justa tad under 1/2 C. But other then that I didn't and wouldn't change a thing very, very good!!
Yummy, this is dangerous for me to have in the house, I am always thinking of excuses for eating it. Good for a snack? Yep! Good for dessert? Yep! Good for breakfast??? Why not?!!! Thanks, I really do appreciate it!
My dh and I were thinking of things we ate as a kid... both of our mom's made this!! I compromised how each of them made it; substituted crushed pineapple for chunk, mandarin oranges for apple and mini marshmallows for sugar. Brought back many memories, and shared with s-i-l. She is so excited to make it!!