Recipe by my peanut's girl
Another recipe given to me by my boss, Glenn. I don't think this recipe itself is very "Thai", but it goes well with Glenn's Homestyle Thai Meatloaf.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened and slightly golden.
- Add corn, milk, butter, salt and pepper and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the mik is hot and the corn is tender.
- Drain the potatoes and mash. Add the corn and the milk mixture. If mashed potatoes are too thick, add ectra milk/.
- Stir in the green onions and cilantro. Drizzle or dot the shili sauce over the potatoes.