1 hr 20 mins
This cake will just melt in your mouth, and has an awesome lemon flavour. Perfect for tea parties or bridal showers or that kind of thing if the kids don't eat it all first.
My Private Note
pound c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2In medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, and vanilla and beat lightly.
- 3Add half this mixture as well as the butter to the dry ingredients and beat at medium speed for one minute.
- 4Add the remaining egg mixture in 2 parts, beating at same speed for 20 seconds after each addition.
- 5Beat in poppy seeds and lemon zest.
- 6Spoon batter into a loaf pan and smooth the top.
- 7Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or till done (test with toothpick).
- 8Lemon Glaze: in a small saucepan beat the 1/2 cup of sugar into the 1/4 cup of lemon juice till dissolved.
- 9Brush 3/4 of the glaze onto the cake while still in the pan.
- 10Let cool 10 minutes, invert and brush the bottom and sides with the remaining glaze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4784.5
- Calories from Fat 2437
- Total Fat 270.7 g
- Saturated Fat 155.5 g
- Cholesterol 1464.6 mg
- Sodium 3484.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 535.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 309.8 g
- Protein 65.3 g