1 hr 25 mins
Pineapple and fresh ginger add a lovely tropical flavor. The orange flavored Teriyaki glaze makes the perfect topping. I prefer to substitute ground pork for the chicken. For the meatball version check out the recipe for Hawaiian Meatballs. Recipe from "Sam Choy's Island Flavors".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Meatloaf: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine all meat loaf ingredients.
- 3Place mixture in a loaf pan and bake 55 minutes.
- 4Pour off any grease, top with 1/4 cup glaze and bake 5 minutes.
- 5Let sit 5-10 minutes before slicing and serve with remaining glaze.
- 6Glaze: Combine cornstarch and water.
- 7Add remaining ingredients to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- 8Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Hawaiian Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.7
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 169.6 mg
- Sodium 1456.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 37.4 g