Recipe by babygirl65
We would make this for "Special Dinners". It's elegant but simple to make. Serve with a good white wine. Enjoy!!
- 1 (7 ounce) boxherb and butter Rice-A-Roni
- 1 (9 ounce) package green beans, frozen, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Cornish hens, split in halves
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 400°F
- Prepare rice according to directions.
- Add green beans and pepper, mix.
- Spoon rice mix into 7x11-inch glass baking dish.
- Top with hens (you can use 1 whole chicken, quartered if you like).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine preserves and mustard, brush on hens. (you can use peach preserves if you like).
- Continue baking 15 to 25 minutes or until hens are no longer pink and glaze is golden brown.