Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From The Silver Palate. No need to say anything else!
Make and share this Glazed Corned Beef (Silver Palate) recipe from Food.com.
- Place corned beef in large pot and cover with boiling water.
- Bring back to boil, lower heat, cover partially, and simmer as slowly as possible for about 3 hours, or until very tender when tested with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix marmalade, mustard and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- When meat is done, remove from pot and drain.
- Place meat in ovenproof dish and pour marmalade mixture over, coating thoroughly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until glaze is crisp and brown. (Mine had to go a few minutes more for the crispy coating -- worth it!).
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Made this for supper tonite & it was SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! I did, however, cut the glaze ingredients in half...also, I used Apricot Jam, which I had on hand. Will DEFINATELY make this again! THANKS for sharing!!!
What a fantastic glaze! Sweet and tangy. I went a bit heavy on the Dijon mustard, but that's just because I love it on my corned beef. This was really simple to make and the results are fantastic. Thanx for sharing this recipe!
This is my very favorite corned beef recipe - I make this at least once a year! And I serve it with a side of braised cabbage with cream. MMM! If you don't like boiled cabbage you'd like this!