Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These super easy and juicy glazed pork chops are sweet, salty, and a little spicy and the creamy rice is a perfect accompaniment.
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 400 g pork chops, boneless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Creamy broccoli rice
- 600 g broccoli, chopped
- 1 liter vegetable broth, from 1 cube
- 180 g brown rice cooked in 450 ml water
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar and spices (salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and garlic powder).
- Rub the brown sugar/spice mix all over both sides of the each chop. Use all of the spice mix.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium/high heat. Add the pork chops. Cook the chops in olive oil over medium heat for about 7 minutes on each side or until they are nicely browned and cooked through.
- For the broccoli rice cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cook broccoli in the vegetable broth for about 10 minutes or until very tender. Mash or puree the broccoli, adding milk to get a smooth, creamy consistency. Pour over the cooked rice and stir to combine.
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt the butter and add the garlic. Sauté over low heat until the garlic is very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Add the creamy rice mixture and stir until butter and garlic are incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.