Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great, simple way to get people to eat carrots that normally wouldn't
- Chop carrots into uniform pieces, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Melt butter on high heat.
- Add carrots, stir to coat all the carrots with the butter. Stir often enough to keep the butter from scorching.
- As soon as the carrots start to change color( they'll get a little darker), add the sugar and stir until its dissolved.
- Add enough water to just barely cover the carrots.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir occasionally as the water reduces, until there is almost no syrup left in the pan, and it is all on the carrots.
- Transfer carrots to serving dish.
- Pour any remaining syrup over carrots.