Recipe by I Cook Therefore I Am
I make this dish all the time in the winter and fall when it's cold. Super great comfort food that's perfect for a cozy dinner. I have made this dish with vegetable broth and margarine to make it vegan, butter and heavy cream to make it super rich and creamy, and with any combination of broth, milk, margarine, and butter depending on how skinny I'm feeling, who I'm making it for, and what I have on hand. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have.
Top Review by MsLizze
These were incredibly good. I did use heavy whipping cream. One of the people who ate it said that it was good, and she normally hates peas. I will definitely be making it again, but I might try it with milk next time.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions or 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter on low heat in a pan.
- Add the onions or shallot and cook for about a minute.
- Add the flour and stir until absorbed.
- Slowly stir in the milk or broth.
- Turn up the heat and bring the broth to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and once the broth has thickened add the peas.
- Heat through.