1/6 Photos of Girl Scout Samoa Cookies (Copycat)
We love this recipe. Great copycat of the original GS cookie.(Prep time allows for time needed to toast coconut in the oven).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24-30 shortbread cookies (I used Lauryn Clark's copycat recipe for the Girl Scout shortbread cookies, just cut them out so tha)
- 88.74 ml butter
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup
- 118.29 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 946.36 ml toasted coconut
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 1Place each shortbread cookie in cup of a greased muffin tin.
- 2In 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup.
- 3Heat to a full boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- 4Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly.
- 6Continue cooking over low heat until candy thermometer reaches 220-228 degrees.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Stir in vanilla.
- 9Beat until creamy.
- 10Immediately stir in toasted coconut and mix well.
- 11Spoon mixture by teaspoonfuls over shortbread cookies.
- 12Cool completely.
- 13Remove cooled cookies from muffin tin onto waxed paper.
- 14Melt chocolate chips and drizzle thinly in stripes over cookies and let chocolate harden at room temperature.
- 15Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Girl Scout Samoa Cookies (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (1211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 80.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g