Ginseng Chicken with Glutinous Rice (Samkye Tang)
- Clean the chicken removing inside organs, lower leg and foot, wing tips, but leaving the body whole, wash well.
- Wash the glutinous rice and remove the skin from the garlic clove.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with the washed rice sliced ginseng, and garlic pieces and sew the body cavity shut.
- Place stuffed chicken in a large pot, add 20 or 10 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the peeled chestnuts.
- Boil the chicken until it's hard.
- When the mixture is heated through, add season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.