1 hr 5 mins
This is a rather unusual pumpkin cake which is nice to serve around Thanksgiving. It is spicy and gingery and sparkled with walnuts and raisins. Serve this with giant mugs of hot cider.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups gingersnap cookies, crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1FOR THE CAKE: Beat eggs with sugar for about 3 minutes or until eggs are light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in the pumpkin until blended.
- 3Beat in the remaining ingredients until blended.
- 4Spread batter into a buttered 9-inch pie pan and bake in a 350°F.
- 5oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- 6allow to cool and then frost with Cognac Cream.
- 7Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- 8Overnight is good, too.
- 9Serves 8.
- 10FOR THE COGNAC CREAM: Beat cream with sugar until soft peaks form.
- 11Add vanilla and cognac and beat until cream is stiff.
- 12NOTE:-- Can be frozen, with or without the frosting.
- 13Easiest& Best!
- 14Coffee Cakes and Quick Breads.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingersnap Pumpkin Cake With Raisins & Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.2
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 120.0 mg
- Sodium 88.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: