1/1 Photo of Gingered Pear and Blueberry Cobbler
1 hr 10 mins
I've made a number of cobblers and crisps in my day. I thought I'd stick to a baking concept that I was familiar with and experiment with flavors. I've never made one, or tried one, with these 3 flavor combinations. I bought 4 pears at the store last week, not really intending to use them for this recipe...but since nobody took them in his lunch this week (Bill...*ahem*)...I used them to make this dessert! I still had a large bag full of fresh blueberries in the freezer, so I was in luck!
My Private Note
9" squa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bartlett pears, peeled and seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, for dotting
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a deep dish pie plate, 9" square or round baking dish.
- 2Combine the pears, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Toss well. Add the frozen or fresh blueberries and toss again. Set aside and prepare the batter.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, lightly whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter, egg, vanilla and milk and whisk until a batter forms.
- 4Pour the pears and blueberries mixture into the greased baking dish. Add a few small dollops of butter atop the pears.
- 5Pour the batter over the top, spreading lightly. It will spread as it cooks.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes, or until batter has cooked through and begins to turn golden on top.
- 7Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream or as is.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingered Pear and Blueberry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 261.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g