Recipe by Sherrybeth
A new twist on an old favorite. The ginger adds a nice, unexpected flavor. This has to chill at least 2 hours before serving so adjust your time accordingly.
- 12 -14 ginger snaps
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor grind ginger snaps with 2 tablespoons melted butter, and press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Put in freezer until ready to use.
- Plase the lime juice, lime zest, and all other ingredients in a chilled mixing bowl and beat until stiff.
- Pour into the crust, chill until firm (at least 2 hours).
- Serve with a raspberry puree if so inclined.