Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Fast & Low Fat, Wait until your dinner is ready to go on the table before you cook these slightly crunchy nibbles. Once cooked, they soften if they're not ready to be eaten right away.
- 1 lb jerusalem artichoke
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup marsala or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- Wash & Scrub Jerusalem artichokes, slice 1/4 thick.
- In a large skillet cook and stir artichokes in hot butter over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until CRISP tender.
- Add ginger, cook for 30 seconds, remove from heat; stir in Marsala.
- Season to taste with salt, enjoy.
These tasted wonderful!! Was a bit worried as it seemed like a lot of ginger and sherry (I used a dry sherry) to add, but I was very wrong. The flavours were perfect! Will definitely make these again. Thank you Barb.
We are fond of Jerusalem artichokes and we loved your recipe. I used s medium sweet sherry (I had it on hand) and that combined with the fresh ginger gave them a nice flavor. They browned nicely in the pan still remaining crisp. My artichokes this year were like small fingerlings. It was easier to peel them instead of scrubbing them, then sliced in half lengthwise. Thanks Barb for another recipe that I will make again and again
I had no idea what to do with these when I got them in my "Bountiful Basket". Thanks for the help, and I like them a lot. I think they would be a great (and much faster) substitute for potatoes with eggs cooked almost any ol' way. The sherry and ginger really do give them a wonderful flavor. Again, thanks!!!