- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup light molasses
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- In lg bowl, with spoon, mix all cookie ingredients until smooth.
- Drop 12 heaping TBS batter 2 inches apart on each cookie sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes, until puffy.
- Rotate cookie sheets between racks once.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Filling: In lg bowl, beat butter until smooth.
- At low speed, beat in sugar, marshmallow creme and vanilla until blended.
- Spread 1 rounded TBS on flat side of cookie; top with another cookie.
- If not serving right away, store, covered in fridge.