Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this out of a magazine, and they are delish! I hope you enjoy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly grease baking sheet or use parchment paper.
- Blend first 6 ingredients in food processor Add butter and process until resembles course meal.
- Beat milk, egg, molasses and vanilla together in large bowl.
- Add flour mixture and the raisins, stir gently until dough forms.
- Gather dough and on lightly floured surface, press dough into 1 inch thick round, cut into 8 wedges and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, approximately 25 minutes.
this was a good recipe. I liked the texture, but maybe next time I'll use less cloves, because they're really pungent and I'm not a huge fan of that, as nice as cloves are... I might use a bit less sugar and more molasses next time. the scone was pretty sweet, but I really liked it and will be making it again, maybe just with a few changes! thanks for a great recipe- my family thought this was a keeper!