Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
When my husband and I were newly wed he would take me to the Omelettry in Austin, TX on a Saturday morning. The resturant always had a huge waiting list and these pancakes were the reason! I got this recipe from a copycat recipe site so I'm hoping they are as good as the originals!
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- Cream eggs and brown sugar together.
- Add buttermilk, water, and coffee.
- In separate container, sift together dry ingredients.
- Then combine first and second mixture and add melted butter.
- Cook on griddle as you would any other pancake, serve with maple syrup, honey, or molasses.
Finally got around to making this, come together easy and LOVE the spices and flavors, when I first saw a full tablespoon of some of the spices I was a little worried but shouldn't have been - it was perfect. Followed the directions except for one small change - added chopped pecans to the batter and I think it just made it even better. Great fall breakfast