Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I found this recipe on Food Network and it comes from the Magnolia Cafe. I have no idea of the location of the Magnolia Cafe, but I do like these pancakes. These are a dense pancake which I like to eat by themselves. The original recipe only called for 1/4 cup brown sugar, but I decided to double it and am very glad I did.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
These pancakes made for a delicious breakfast! I was a little worried that they would be too spicy, but the spices were balanced perfectly. I was out of ground cloves and substituted all spice. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl beat eggs well then add brown sugar mixing well.
- Add buttermilk, water and brewed coffee stirring to combine.
- In separate large bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Grease a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- When hot pour scant 1/4 cupfuls in the skillet or griddle.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the top and top looks semi-dry, about 3 minutes then flip.
- Cook on the second side until golden brown about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve while hot.