Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe makes your house smell great well cooking. The reward is it is only 2 WW points.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3⁄8 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. In a small bowl combine liquids and then pour over dry ingredients.
- Mix until moistened but be sure you do not over mix. Spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.
A great recipe for the fall time of year...although I had a hankering to get some LF/LC muffins in the freezer for eating NOW. These are a nice little treat and practially guilt free. I only got 8 muffins from the mix that were good size. Maybe getting 12 would make each one 2 pts., as now they're probably 3. :-) I didn't know what 3/8's cup was for the applesauce and so I used a single serving cup of applesauce that I believe is 1/4 cup or so. Seemed to work perfectly. I can see adding some raisins/craisins to the mix would also be a great addition as a previous reviewer had stated. Of course then you're adding more pts. as well.
Love this recipe! Great smell when baking and tasted fantastic. I substituted oat flour for whole wheat, and ginger powder for real ginger. This made 12 very small muffins, so next time i'll make 6 instead. Thanks a lot!
The flavor of these muffins is fabulous! The texture is nice too. I found them a bit dry, so next time will add some raisins or dates.