Recipe by Karen in MA
From Rachael Ray's website, who got it from Professional restaurateur Nick Mautone. He has a new restaurant, 81 Restaurant, set to open in New York in December 2007.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces grey goose la poire pear vodka
- 1⁄2 ounce Amaretto
- 1⁄2 ounce simple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon molasses
- 2 1⁄4 inches thick slices fresh ginger
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch allspice
- crystallized ginger, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, place the ginger, molasses, simple syrup and spices. Muddle well.
- Add ice and the rest of the ingredients.
- Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted and beaded with sweat. Strain into a prepared martini glass.
- Garnish with crystallized ginger.