Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A Delicious Ginger treat
Make and share this Gingerbread Cookies With Apricots recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cream butter,sugar, ground ginger and allspice until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, molasses and chopped ginger root.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt: blend into butter mixture mix in almonds and apricots (chill dough for ease of handling).
- Divide dough in half.
- On light floured surface shape each portion into 2 12 inch long logs.
- Place logs on lightly buttered cookie sheet.
- bake 30 to 35 minute or until firm.
- Let cool and cut diagonally to 3/8 inch thick slices.
- Place slices on a cookie sheet and bake at 250 F for approximately one hour.