Recipe by Mom2Rose
The molasses mixture can be kept on handin the fridge for visitors over the holidays!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Delicious! Having the molasses mixture ready to go in the fridge made this quick and easy to fix. Sweet with a nice balance of spices. Instead of half and hald and whipped cream I used vanilla soy milk. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together molasses, brown sugar, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Add about 1/4 cup coffee to each of the 6 cups.
- Stir about a tablesoon of the spice mixture intor into each cup until dissolved.
- Fill each cup to within an inch of the top with coffee.
- Stir in half and half to taste and garnish with whipped cream and ground cloves.