Recipe by Geca
Soft, chewy and not too pungent, with the addition of sweet chocolate chips. I imagine it would be great with dark chocolate chips.
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 butter, softened
- 1⁄4 molasses
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove.
- To the softened butter add the molasses and the vanilla extract.
- Beat the egg, and add it to the butter/molasses mixture. Mix well.
- Add the liquids to the bowl of flour/baking powder/spices and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into small cookies. (Thicker cookies will be chewier.).
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350-F.