I found this in a magazine. It called for fresh ginger, but since I did not have that I used ground ginger. The smell is wonderful and reminds me of molasses cookies.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mild molasses
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 mini (53/4x3-inch) loaf pans.
- Combine flour, spices, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Combine molasses, milk, 1/3 cup sugar, butter and egg in medium bowl; beat until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture. Beat, scraping bowl occasionally, until well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 28-33 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely. Before slicing, sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Made for PAC Fall 2008: This is absolutely delicious! It is perfect for singles or married couple! I just love the fact that it only makes 2 mini loaves! That is perfect for my family. Very easy to mix together. It can't get much easier that this! The baking time is perfect. I will be making this for Christmas gifts for those hard to buy couples! Thanks for posting this wonderful Gingerbread!