Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Chinese inspired soup using convenient canned tomatoes.
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili bean sauce
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- Put the stock in a saucepan and bring to simmering point.
- Add the ginger, soy sauce, chili bean sauce, sugar and the tomatoes. Simmer for 2 minutes and serve immediately.
- Add a dash of lemon juice for a South-East Asian touch or serve at room temperature on particularly hot, summer days.
This was so easy and lovely! I used 1 1/2 tsp of ginger puree, and Schezwan chili sauce. Even with cheap store chicken broth, this was a big winner. Very light on the calories and full of flavor!