Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is easy & tasty. From June 2007 BHG.
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 16 ounces tilapia fillets, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 1 (6 ounce) carton plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, snipped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (or zest from one lemon)
- Preheat broiler.
- In medium bowl, stir together vinegar, sugar, ginger and 1/4 tsp salt until sugar is dissolved; remove 1/4 cup. Add cucumbers to remining vinegar mixture - toss to coat.
- Spray unheated broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange fish on rack; brush with reserved vinegar mixture.
- Broil 4 inches from heat 4 to 6 minutes until fish flakes easily.
- In bowl, combine yogurt and mint.
- With slotted spoon, add cucumber to plates.
- Top with fish, yogurt, lemon peel, and coarsely ground black pepper.
Easy, different, and delicious. I sauteed instead of broiled the tilapia.