This is a very quick and delicious meal. It was inspired by another web site chef quite some time ago, and became a family favorite.
- Boil broth, soy sauce and sherry.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch with water and set aside.
- Stir fry garlic, ginger and green onion for 1 minute in oil.
- Add shrimp and stir fry for 2 minutes or until barely opaque.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add more oil and stir fry pea pods.
- Add broth mix and boil.
- Add shrimp and heat through.
- Stir in cornstarch to thicken.
- Serve with rice right away.
this was quick, easy and good! very light dish, i served it with my own fried rice, great friday night dinner
This was the most boring stir fry dish I've ever tried, with directions that defy common sense. One should not use sesame oil for the frying medium - a small amount for flavor, perhaps, but peanut oil would be the preferred oil for stir-frying. Way too much water/cornstarch to thicken the sauce. A much smaller amount would have done the trick. I minced the garlic & ginger, adding more than called for, added a bit of chili sauce, and used mushroom soy for depth of flavor. Still, the dish lacked a distinctive flavor and was swimming in way too much sauce. Would never make it again.
Lovely Nan, easy, colourful, and very nice :) I didn't add the sugar, nice as is. Served with rice, a quick easy and very good dinner, thanks!!! Made for ZWT 8, The Lively Lemon Lovelies :)