Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from Chatelaine, a Canadian Magazine. It's a great and tasty way to prepare asparagus!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce or 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bottled chopped ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Snap tough ends from asparagus and discard.
- Boil water over high heat in a large frying pan.
- Add Asparagus to boiling water (or alternatively, you can steam the asparagus, which I prefer to do as it stays crunchy).
- Boil for 3 minutes, drain immediately and set aside.
- While asparagus cooks or steams, stir teriyaki with ginger and chili-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Return pan with asparagus to burner and reduce heat to medium.
- Add teriyaki mixture.
- Stir often until asparagus is tender-crisp and evenly coated with sauce, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
We quite enjoyed this recipe. I barbcued the asparagus and, for a change, I added pickled ginger that I had sitting around. Watch the chili garlic sauce....unless you really like heat, I wouldn't put any more than that in. Thanks Cathy
Very tasty! I made the hoisin sauce version. Nice touch of sweetness with a bit of heat from the chili sauce. I used black sesame seeds. Went well with an Asian-themed dinner. Thank you for posting this!
Delicious Asparagus, I steamed them and used the Teriyaki sauce. DH & I ate the whole thing, I did cut the recipe down for 2. This recipe is a real KEEPER, Thank you Cathy.