Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet and spicy, these ginger infused pecans make a great appetizer, party food, and a great gift too!Toasting the nuts not only crisps them; it also releases their essential oils, bringing out their fullest flavor. Enjoy! Pecans are grown in the South and also in Africa!
- 5 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Place nuts in a single layer on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Toast until nuts are fragrant, 10 to 15 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, salt, and ginger in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Combine honey, 2 tablespoons water, and oil in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add roasted pecans.
- Cook, stirring once or twice, until all of the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add sugar mixture, and toss until well combined.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on a sheet of parchment paper (or wax paper) to cool.
- These pecans may be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
These deserve at least 6 stars! Sweet yet salty (and a little spicy from the cayenne I added) with a little crunch. The recipe went together very easily even though I thought I might not have enough liquid to boil in Step 5...sure 'nuf...the liquid glazed the nuts perffectly so that the granulated sugar and spices adhered to the outside and left each nut individual. I loved the hint of ginger! Oh....what a perfect taste combination, and so easy. Thanks for sharing this fantastic recipe, Sharon123. Great for gifts!
Absolutely the best sugared nuts I have ever tried. My husband's godmother makes these every year and gives them for Christmas. They are always gone within minutes of being opened. This was my first time making them and I was shocked that they were so incredibly simple to make! Thanks for posting the recipe!
These are absolutely fabulous! A nice mix of sweet and salty with just a bite of ginger. Perfect as is, but I think real ginger lovers could even increase the amount of ginger. A quick and easy treat for snacking, parties and those holiday gift bags. Thanks, Sharon, for a great recipe!