Recipe by iLuv2cook 2
Another FAV from Martha Stewart on Food Network TV.
Top Review by Nanners
I have been making this recipe for a while, and it is so easy to put together, and just a bit different than most pumpkin muffin/breads. The ginger flavor gives it a comforting spicy-sweetness that goes so well with the pumpkin. I do use 3 eggs instead of 2, as my Everyday Food magazine calls for 3. If possible, do try the glaze. It adds a lovely finishing touch and makes it taste very much like a pumpkin glazed doughnut. Glad you posted this!
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- glaze (POSTED in My Recipes) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter and Flour two 9 x 5 Loaf Pans
- In a large bowl whisk together Flour, Baking Powder, Ginger and Salt.
- In a Medium bowl whisk together sugars, pumpkin melted butter, and eggs, Add Flour Mixture and stir till just combined.
- Divide Batter into loaf pans.
- Bake about 50 minutes, (Test with Toothpick).
- Let cool about 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Glaze (optional).