Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From NZ Woman's Weekly magazine, looks really yum
- 175 g butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup treacle
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1. Prehead oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease a 25cm loaf pan and line the base with baking paper.
- 2. Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well. Mix in the treacle.
- 3. Sift flour and ginger together and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- 4. Spoon mixture into the prepared loaf pan, then bake for 25-40minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 15minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.