A bit of lime juice and honey add a fresh twist to this stir-fry. Serve over a bed of jasmine rice.
Make and share this Ginger-Lime Beef Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse, stem and seed bell pepper; trim and discard white veins.
- Cut pepper into strips about 1/4 inch wide and 2 inches long.
- Rinse beef and pat dry.
- Cut across the grain into 1/16 to 1/8-inch thick slices, then cut slices into bite-size pieces.
- Pour oil into a large nonstick frypan or wok over high heat.
- When oil is hot, add bell pepper and stir just until tender-crisp to bite, about 3 minutes.
- Pour from pan into a bowl.
- Add beef to pan over high heat and stir just until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer meat to bowl with pepper.
- To meat juices in pan, add lime juice, honey, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and chili flakes.
- Boil over high heat, stirring often, until mixture is reduced to about 1/3 cup, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour beef and bell pepper back into pan and stir until hot, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon stir-fry onto a serving platter or individual plates and sprinkle with cilantro.