- 1 cup shortening or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar, shortening, add eggs.
- Beat well.
- Add molasses and dry ingredients to make a stiff dough.
- Form into 3 or 4 rolls about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap dough in waxed paper and put in icebox to chill for atleast 2 hours.
- Slice dough into 1/8-inch slices or larger, place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 8-10 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.