Recipe by Chrissyo
If you like ginger, you will like this cordial. Note: this cordial should last for several weeks in the fridge. However, if it bubbles or looks odd, throw it out. Prep and cooking time does not include sterilisation of glass bottle.
Top Review by Aroostook
Another use for this recipe... I took the lemon and ginger peelings/pulp left over from this and added more water. Put it back in a sauce pan and let it simmer away...It made the greatest room freshener!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 piece lime rind or 1 piece fresh lemon rind (no white)
- 1 large gingerroot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup lemons or 1 cup lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water, sugar, ginger, rind and cream of tartar for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon or lime juice.
- Bring to the boil again.
- Take off the heat, strain and pour into a sterilised bottle which will hold approximately 6 cups of liquid.
- Use like ordinary cordial, either with iced water for a cooling drink, or hot water for a warming drink on a winter's night.