Chef Ain't B's's Note:
This is something different
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 slices fresh ginger, 1/2- inch-thick, smashed with the broad side of a chef's knife
- 5 slices lemon zest, 4-inch strips
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 scoops pear-ginger sorbet (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup chai concentrate (optional) or 3/4 cup crystallized ginger, slivers or chunks for garnish (optional)
- 1GINGER SYRUP.
- 2In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the sugar and water.
- 3Swirl to fully moisten and then dissolve the sugar.
- 4Bring to a gentle boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat, add the ginger and lemon zest, and stir to immerse them in the liquid.
- 6Cover the pan and let steep for 30 minutes. Using a sieve, strain the syrup into a small bowl, pressing the ginger and zest to release all of the liquid.
- 7Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 5 days.
- 9In a blender, place the ice cream, sorbet, chai concentrate, and 1/4 cup chilled ginger syrup,.
- 10pulse several times to break up the ice cream and sorbet.
- 11Puree the mixture until smooth, about 1 minute.
- 12Divide between 2 chilled glasses and garnish with crystallized ginger, if desired.
Browse Our Top Shakes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Chai Milkshake
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 59.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 53.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: