Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Strong and spicy these gingerbread-y cookies will wake you up after the winter. Adapted from the Witches' Datebook. These come out flat, and dependant on how long you cook them will be crispy or soft. For puffier cookies add another egg. Please note that these cookies are very very spicy. They are meant to awaken your passion! Happy Beltane! ( May 1st)
- preheat oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- cream butter and sugars.
- beat in molasses and egg.
- combine all dry ingredients in seperate bowl.
- stir all together.
- add in chopped ginger.
- roll into balls, or drop by tablespoonfull.
- sprinkle with red colored sugar, nuts, chocolate chips, or granulated sugar.
- bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- cool, and enjoy!
I usually use the original recipe from Llewellyn's. Glad someone put it up here, but I must say that the granulated sugar is completely unnecessary. These are sweet enough without it, and adding it actually just takes away from the spiciness of the ginger and cloves. I like eating these with some cinnamon gelato, or Hagen Daas Mayan Chocolate ice cream. Wonderful.