Recipe by Terese
This is such a great and quick mid week dinner to prepare. I like to use Lee Kum Kee's Black Bean Garlic Sauce, but any black bean sauce will do. Also you can substitute the pork with ground/mince chicken if you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 400 g udon noodles (or similar)
- chopped fresh coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan and cook ginger and black bean sauce for 1 minute.
- Add the pork mince and stir-fry over high heat for 4-5 minutes or until pork is browned.
- Add the water and sugar and bring to the boil and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the mixture is thick and most of the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Prepare the noodles according to packet. I use the noodles that don't require pre-cooking or soaking. Add to the pork mixture and heat through.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander.