Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
a lovely dish, that can be made in the morning and when you come home, you have a lovely dinner.
Make and share this Ginger Ale Roast Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 cups ginger ale
- Coat roast with flour, and reserve flour that doesn't stick to step 2, and place roast in slow cooker.
- Combine remaing ingredients along with leftover flour in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours, or until roast is tender.
I was so looking forward to making this highly rated roast as any crockpot dishes I have tried have always been mediocre. I so wanted this one to be great but sadly, not - another mediocre dish after following the recipe to a T. Suggest to anyone trying this, more seasoning is needed to make this dish even close to 5 stars.
Have made many roasts in the crockpot. This one turned out well, although I think I prefer cooking beef in cola vs ginger ale. We sliced the roast thin and served as an open-faced sandwich with the gravy spooned on top. Made for Football Pool Week 2 win.
My DS hates roasts, so I haven't made one in a long time. Craving one horribly, and saw this last night and just had to try it out. Delicious and easy....usually I brown my roast before putting in the crock pot, but didn't notice a difference with this. Very similar to another crock-pot roast that I make and love! I am smiling ear-to-ear. I had some comfort food today! Delicious! Thanks for sharing.