1/1 Photo of Gina's Crusty Cornbread
This recipe is from Gina and Patrick Neely. It's a great cornbread recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet in oven for 30 minutes.
- 2In large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and sugar. Make a well in the center and add milk, eggs and melted butter. Stir just until moistened.
- 3Remove skillet from oven and add bacon fat to skillet. Swirl around to coat bottom and sides, then pour in cornbread mixture. Smooth the top with a spatula, then place in oven and bake about 25 minutes, or until brown.
- 4If you like, you can spread 2 tablespoons of butter on top of hot cornbread to melt.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gina's Crusty Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 810.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: