Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Famed favorite sandwich of Gilbert Brown, defensive tackle for the Green Bay Packers. He has been known to carry around sacks of burgers with him to practice, he loves them so much.
- 1 large hamburger bun with sesame seeds (4 3/4-inch diameter)
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 4 slices American cheese (1 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 -3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped lettuce
- Form the ground beef into two large 5 1/2- 6-inch patties and place onto waxed paper.
- Freeze patties for 1-2 hours before cooking.
- Place buns face down on a hot grill or skillet and toast until golden, set aside.
- Grill beef patties for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through; season with salt and pepper.
- Start building burger by placing"slabs of meat" (as Gilbert calls them) on the bun and topping each patty with 2 slices of cheese.
- Cover top of bun with the ketchup and Miracle Whip.
- Place the onion, tomato and lettuce on top of the burger side and top with the upper portion of the bun.
- WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT PUT PICKLES ON THIS SANDWICH.
- Slice the sandwich in half, and serve.
- You may notice some juices or sauce running down your arm; Gilbert noticed that too.
Oh, was that ever good, my husband is a lover of Hamburgers! Thanks for sharing...