Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Who needs to buy a big sub from Subway when you can make your own?
- 1 loaf focaccia bread (12 inch)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared creamy Italian dressing
- 6 -8 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced and separated
- 4 ounces sliced American cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Cut bread in half horizontally.
- Spread half of the dressing on bottom.
- Top with half of the lettuce.
- Layer with cucumber, green pepper, onion, cheese, meats and tomato.
- Top with remaining lettuce.
- Spread remaining dressing on top half before covering the bottom.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
FANTASTIC sandwiches!! I changed the dressing a little using 1/2 cup mayo mixed with 1/4 cup italian dressing. I also added a layer of sliced olives. I only used cheeses, no meat. Phenomenal sandwich. Everyone LOVED them. Thanks!
Absolutely spectacular! We used Honey Dijon instead of Italian, and that added a little kick.
Made two of these for last night's family/movie night. A big time hit with all the kids and grandkids. I wouldn't change a thing and hey, one piece even survived overnight refrigeration and was just as good the next day. This one has really made the family favorites list. Thanks for sharing!