Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Enjoyed this recipe at a breakfast carry-in at a friend's..Very delicious..pretty easy to put together We use Pillsbury Grand cinnamon rolls with icing...
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) canrefrigerated cinnamon roll dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Lightly grease a 9" glass pie pan with non-stick spray.
- Seperate dough into 5 rolls. set icing aside.
- Unroll 1 roll into long strips of dough; reroll loosely and place in center of greased pie pan.
- Unroll second roll, loosely wrap around first roll, cinnamon side inches Replace any cinnamon that falls off.
- Repeat with remaining rolls, coiling dough into spiral shape.
- In small bowl, beat all remaining ingredients with electric mixer on medium until smooth.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into a decorating bag with tip or gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag with 1/2" hole cut in bottom corner. With tip or corner of bag about halfway down into rolls, pipe mixture between strips of dough, starting at center and working to edge of pan, using all of the mixture.
- Bake at 350* for 25-35 minutes or until center is thoroughly baked and edges are golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes. Meanwhile, remove cover from icing; microwave on medium (50%) power for 10-15 seconds or until drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle icing over warm coffee cake.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve warm.
quick easy and kids loved it.
Super easy and very tasty! I had a tube of cinnamon rolls on had, and this was the perfect thing to dress them up. Would be great for a quick breakfast for overnight guests, as it takes no prep time at all.
My teenaged son & 2 of his friends made this recipe and loved it...in spite of the fact that one of them "hates anything with cream cheese in it", they all loved it! It was easy for them to make, and they thought it was very good. Thanks for a fun & simple recipe!