Giada's Sauteed Green Beans
- Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling water until just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, draining well.
- melt butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute until tender about 2 minutes.
- add the tomatoes and cook till heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until the juices have almost evaporated and the beans are almost tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- add the wine and basil and simmer another 2 minutes.
- add salt and pepper - and can toss with fresh parmesan cheese.