Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is very cute and great for a halloween dinner.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) jarhome-style beef gravy
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook beef and onion in skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Set 12 peas (from frozen vegetables) aside for garnish.
- Add remaining frozen vegetables, tomatoes and gravy to beef mixture.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat water, butter and garlic powder to boiling.
- Remove from heat; add milk. Stir in potato flakes and cheese.
- Add egg; blend well.
- Spoon beef mixture into ungreased 8-inch square or oval glass baking dish.
- With large spoon, make 6 mounds of potato mixture on top of beef mixture to resemble ghosts.
- Place 2 reserved peas on each mound to resemble eyes.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are set and mixture is thoroughly heated.