Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from the can of Ghirardelli Brand Sweet Ground chocolate and Cocoa (found with the baking supplies). They were so great that I made them twice in one day! I omitted the walnuts but added the chocolate chips.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate and cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup unsifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a spoon, stir eggs, sugar, and vanilla; add butter.
- Sift together Sweet ground chocolate, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Add nuts and/or chocolate chips.
- Spread into 8" or 9" square baking pan.
- Bake 20-30 minutes.
- For chewy brownies use 8" pan and less baking time.
- For cake like brownies use 9" pan and more baking time.
- Cut into squares.
ever since I found this recipe on the Ghirardelli can, it's the only brownies I make. I always omit the nuts, but that's personal preference. I tend to double the chocolate chips, which is also personal preference :) they tend to dry out after a day, so make sure everyone eats them up fast!
Got this off of the can, and they were great! I didn't add any nuts and I added probably 1/4-1/2 cup extra chocolate chips. I made two pans and one pan I did half white chocolate chips-yummy! A friend of mine asked for the recipe and I told her they dry out quickly and she said that I should use half butter (for flavor) and half oil (for moisture). I'm gonna try that next time.
So good! I didn't have any chocolate chips, but it was great anyway. I also didn't have an 8 or 9 inch pan, so I just used a pie pan and it worked fine, though a little tough on the edges. I felt the walnuts really added to the texture and flavor. I put some home-made ice cream and chocolate syrup on top and thought I was in paradise!!