- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens, cut into serving pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup smooth natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh okra (optional) or 2 cups frozen okra (optional)
- 1 teaspoon crusted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken in cold water, discard visible fat.
- In Dutch oven over medium-high heat, combine chicken, salt, onion, ginger, and 2 cups water.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, blend peanut butter with 1/2 cup liquid from pot; stir mixture into pot. Blend in tomato paste. Add broth and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and cook until donel about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Delicious served over rice.