1/4 Photos of Get Well Soon Soup
3 hrs 30 mins
Submitted for RSC #9.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken (whole or cut into pieces)
- 3 gallons water
- 4 white onions, unpeeled, quartered
- 1 bunch celery, ends trimmed, halved
- 1 lb carrot, ends trimmed, unpeeled, halved
- 2 whole heads of garlic, unpeeled, halved horizontally
- 1 cup fresh herb (your choice, dill, parlsey, sage, rosemary, thyme...)
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup quick oatmeal
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Combine all stock ingredients in a very large stockpot.
- 2Bring to a boil & simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Remove chicken to a strainer set over a large bowl. When cooled, pick meat off bones & reserve for another use.
- 4Let vegetables simmer another hour then strain. The liquid should be significantly reduced.
- 5While stock is blissfully simmering away, make meatballs.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7Combine all meatball ingredients well with your hands.
- 8Shape into 1" balls. You should get about 2 dozen.
- 9Place on a baking sheet & bake 15 minutes. Roll around on baking tray & bake another 15 minutes.
- 10When stock is done & strained, put 8c into a large soup pot. Reserve the rest for a myriad of other dishes. It also freezes very well.
- 11Add all the vegetables to the stock.
- 12Bring to a boil & simmer until veggies are tender - about 15 minutes - breaking up the tomatoes a bit as it simmers.
- 13Add meatballs & heat through another 10 minutes.
- 14Taste for seasoning; add salt & pepper as necessary. Add parsley & serve.
- 15We enjoyed this garnished with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Get Well Soon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2611 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1182.1
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 371.8 mg
- Sodium 4915.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 85.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: